Just like that, another batch of gorgeous Spring 2014 ready-to-wear collections hit the runway and leaving us wanting more. With Milan Fashion Week coming to a close, we reflect on our five favorite trends from Italy:
1. Sporty Chic - With the sporty trend already embraced during New York Fashion Week, Milan designers focused on adding a more athletic touch to an already feminie look. Case in point, Prada adding a sporty detail like leg warmers while Emilio Pucci adds sparkley details and feminine shapes to sporyt wardrobe basics.
2. 3D Florals - Florals for spring and summer is nothing new but Milan fashion designs Dolce & Gabbana ad Marni fully embraced the trend that will blossom all season long!
3. Let’s Rock! - Milan Fashion Week pushed the envelope with a rocker chic looks for spring and summer featuring fringe, leather and of course sexy cut outs. Versace and Roberto Cavalli lead the pack wth these gorgeous yet daring looks.
4. Bling - One of the biggest trends we saw for spring/summer 2014 was the use of embellishments. Each collection impressive us more and more as the week progressed as designers seem to follow the same philosophy when it came to bling–go big or go home.
5. Bold Hues - As always, spring runways are full of light and bright colors and this season is no exception. Several of our famed Italian designers are playing up the punch and injecting color in a big way just like Fendi and Gucci!
For more of our favorite looks from Milan Fashion Week, make sure to visit our Pinterest page.
Tourbillon Flagship Boutique Now Open!
Tourbillon’s most impressive store to date is now open. This high-end multi-brand luxury watch and jewelry store is the largest within the Tourbillon global network. Showcasing collections from the most prestigious names in watch making – Breguet, Blancpain, Glashütte Original, Jaquet Droz, Omega and Swatch – this boutique delivers not only exceptional choice but also unrivaled expertise to its discerning clients.
The Tourbillon boutique is located on the second level of The Shops at Crystals near the entrance to ARIA.
After countless amounts of shows, hairspray bottles used, models cat-walking down the runway and 2 of our favorite New York designers’ shows, Donna Karan and Nanette Lepore, New York Fashion Week has come to an end. As we jump the Atlantic sea to London today, we're reflecting on what the Big Apple has served us these past 8 days!
On the catwalk, some trends emerged early:
Donna Karan returned to her urban roots for spring, delivering a beautiful collection featuring languid dresses slung with leather belts at the hips, softly constructed coats and jackets that slipped on like a robe, an inviting palette of sea blues and warm, sunbaked browns.
While Nanette Lepore drew inspiration flowing from Charles Baudelaire's Les Fleurs du mal, Nanette cites with neo-romanticism as her biggest inspiration for her Spring/Summer 2014 collection with deep reds, soft elegant blues and clean chic whites.
For all of our favorite looks from the runway, check out our Pinterest page: http://www.pinterest.com/crystalslv/
Photos credited to Style.com
Roberto Cavalli’s Fall 2013 collection looks to Florence, Italy, the city where Roberto Cavalli was born and where he still lives and works, for inspiration from Renaissance paintings, colors and most of all decorations. Prints on fabrics recreate the appearance of the carbon sketching technique used by Old Masters for drawings, while adding strong colors of red, yellow and blue.
The collection ranges from tailored suits and outwear to sensual silhouettes of gowns. The sheath dresses with the simplest shapes are decorated and enriched by engineered prints to highlight a woman's body.
Fabrics range from precious brocade silk velvet to opaque jersey in a lightweight and fluid wool while precious alpaca jacquard, cashmere and mohair are used for coats and jackets.
This collection is available at the Roberto Cavalli boutique at The Shops at Crystals.
“I am a New York woman, embracing the world. Designing clothes that move day to night. This collection is the evolution of the seven pieces.”
Evening paints the body with artisan strokes-- From the simplicity of a jersey body that sculpts the form, to the heights of luxury in velvets, satins and sequins; each an individual force of artistry and seduction.
“These are clothes for women like me- who live and work 24/7 with passion and dress with emotion. I believe the body talked a language all its own. Depending on your DNA, these clothes say something new every time and create a statement all your own.”
Experience this collection at the Donna Karan boutique inside The Shops at Crystals.