What more can you say about the Tom Ford Fall 2014-15 collection shown at London Fashion Week than… "WOW, Blown Away, Unbelievably Impressed, Ultra Luxury" and many more adjectives to define the 6 minute catwalk.
“The collection effortlessly pairs urban life in London with a sleek interpretation of iconic clothing items from the American West. From the sequin evening dress knocking off of the "knock off" TOM FORD football jersey Jay Z wears when performing his song "TOM FORD," to the spare wool and cashmere felt evening dresses that close the show, the mood of the collection is pared down, streamlined and ultra luxe.”
To view the entire Tom Ford Fall/Winter 2014-15 collection: http://bit.ly/1hbW8mB
[Photo Credit: Style.com]
Paul Smith channeled Stevie Nicks as a cover of "Go Your Own Way" opened his women's collection at London Fashion Week. He cut and pasted prints into new patterns and gave his models the “skill” to pull off an effortless British lounge appeal featuring flowy silk pajamas with matching silk bottoms. It may have looked like it was time for bed however, these outfits were fixated to be worn out and about - the buzzword the designer kept saying backstage was "wearable".
As the show went forth, you began to see the transformation from “wearable” nightwear to jewel-toned patterns including stripes and paisleys as Paul Smith was inspired by wallpaper and tapestry prints. Smith gave the collection a seasonless fluidity that was balanced with color-blocked outerwear, long evening coats and many printed layers.
To view the entire Paul Smith Fall/Winter 2014-15 collection: http://bit.ly/1hbW8mB
Emilio Pucci presents an easy beach vibe and a sporty edge for the next Spring Pre-Collection. Bold hues like raspberry, plum, turquoise and lemon takes center stage setting an upbeat, carefree mood for the season. Prints consist of graphic lines and inspiration from water colors of Mediterranean mosaic. The designs possess sophistication with a touch of airy ease. The collection translates a sporty day feeling through contrasting black panels on dresses, black toggle zippers on jackets and pops of distressed blue or white on denim pieces as well as rubberized neoprene accessories. At night-time, shorts and fringe skirts are re-embroidered as jewelry, belted and paired with cropped T-shirts or poplin shirts for casual summer night outings.
The Resort collection will be arriving soon at the Emilio Pucci boutique located on the second level of at The Shops at Crystals.
Following the debut of Spring/Summer 2014 runway collections, A-list celebrities already have their hands on next season’s premium pieces. Always ahead of the curve, some celebrities are predictable in their trend approach, while other are using the season’s most exciting trends to push the envelope and make a bold statement as they walk the red carpet.
See who's got their hands on the spring/summer 2014 collections first.
Just like that, another batch of gorgeous Spring 2014 ready-to-wear collections hit the runway and leaving us wanting more. With Milan Fashion Week coming to a close, we reflect on our five favorite trends from Italy:
1. Sporty Chic - With the sporty trend already embraced during New York Fashion Week, Milan designers focused on adding a more athletic touch to an already feminie look. Case in point, Prada adding a sporty detail like leg warmers while Emilio Pucci adds sparkley details and feminine shapes to sporyt wardrobe basics.
2. 3D Florals - Florals for spring and summer is nothing new but Milan fashion designs Dolce & Gabbana ad Marni fully embraced the trend that will blossom all season long!
3. Let’s Rock! - Milan Fashion Week pushed the envelope with a rocker chic looks for spring and summer featuring fringe, leather and of course sexy cut outs. Versace and Roberto Cavalli lead the pack wth these gorgeous yet daring looks.
4. Bling - One of the biggest trends we saw for spring/summer 2014 was the use of embellishments. Each collection impressive us more and more as the week progressed as designers seem to follow the same philosophy when it came to bling–go big or go home.
5. Bold Hues - As always, spring runways are full of light and bright colors and this season is no exception. Several of our famed Italian designers are playing up the punch and injecting color in a big way just like Fendi and Gucci!
For more of our favorite looks from Milan Fashion Week, make sure to visit our Pinterest page.