At the Nanette Lepore Summer Styling & Champagne event within their boutique, we were able to sneak Ms. Nanette Lepore herself away for 5 minutes and ask her all about her Fall 2014 collection, what her favorite things to do in Las Vegas are and of course... gambling?
Q 1. What should we expect to see from your Fall 2014 collection?
Luxury. Like luxurious pieces in beautiful deep colors. There are beautiful merlot colored furs and fun parkas of fur with crazy fluffy fur collars but there’s wonderful prints. There are lots of maul berry and orchid and rich red plums against your classic camels and greys – some really pretty pieces. There are some asymmetrical hems and lace.
Q 2. What was the inspiration for your Fall/Winter 2014 collection?
The whole inspiration for fall was all about hand craft work and crafting things in New York City but taking some of my favorite inspirations from around the world and bringing them back to New York and (like) putting them back together. There are some really fun prints that look like weavings and beautiful beadwork that’s like a patch work of different inspirations.
Q 3. How does this Fall collection differ from previous collections?
The previous fall I had gone to Mars, which I really enjoyed, and we had those fun hologram shoes and bags and it was super edgy and modern. This fall was a little bit more feminine and softer but still a modern feel to the femininity. It’s all about women wanting to feel really modern right now and very cutting edge and nobody wants to feel like they are throwbacks. You got to give them the things that feel familiar and people want and love but with a new spin.
Q 4. What is your favorite thing to do here in Vegas?
SHOP. Honestly, shop and then eat and then hit the slots! Yes, slots, I am big on the slots… I am afraid of the tables , I won’t go near them. My husband actually hits big on the slots all of the time. He is hysterical to gamble with because he will be the guy that walks over and puts in like a buck and wins a $1,000. And everyone is like, “Are you kidding? Did you just do that?!?”
Q 5. How does The Shops at Crystals compare to other shopping centers around the country?
Well, first of all, I am traveling with two women who work for my company and one has never been here before and she wants to move to Las Vegas right now and work in the store. I mean, it’s – when we moved in I remember they challenged us and said this is going to be a really new shopping center. Everything has to be extra special and really different and really elevated and I remember we were all like, “Oh my god!” we have to do something really extreme and fabulous and I think we really achieved it. So, I am happy with the angelic colors, and the way you flow in to the store and it has different corridors and it feels like you are discovering something and I think that is what a store should bring to people.
There is no gift more timeless than the perfect timepiece. As Father’s Day is quickly approaching, visit the Tourbillon boutique to explore a wide array of timepieces from some of the most prestigious names in watchmaking—Breguet, Blancpain, Glashütte Original, Jaquet Droz, and OMEGA. Surprise him with a carefully selected gift that is sure to fit his style and personality or accompany him to the boutique to let him experience the special emotion that comes with purchasing a luxury timepiece. Highly trained professionals are always on hand to guide each client and help choose the perfect gift. This Father’s Day give the gift of a rare minute, a Tourbillon moment.
Join us for an afternoon of Summer Styling & Champagne!
Designer Nanette Lepore will be hosting a Meet and Greet on Thursday, June 5th from 4 pm - 6 pm at the Nanette Lepore bouttique located on the second level of The Shops at Crystals.
Enjoy 20% off full price merchandise while you mingle and get styled by the designer herself.
Social House at The Shops at Crystals gets into the price cutting spirit as they join in the Black Friday fun and offer guests unbeatable drink specials starting Friday, Nov. 29 through Sunday, Dec. 1 from 12 p.m. to close. The expert Social House bar staff has created an unrivaled menu for the occasion including delicious cocktails, beers, wines and sake. All weekend long, shoppers, cocktail connoisseurs and restaurant patrons alike will head to the A-list destination to take a break from the holiday chaos and indulge in delicious libations.
Black Friday Sale Menu Includes:
· Black Russian - $14
Sale Price - $8
· Black River Sake Carafe - $18
Sale Price - $15
· Ty Ku Black 330ml - $40
Sale Price - $35
· Leffe Blonde Belgian Ale - $8
Sale Price - $6
· Benvolio Pinot Grigio - $10
Sale Price - $8
The Shops at Crystals, Las Vegas’ premier luxury retail destination, celebrated philanthropy and fashion as thousands of people filled its stores for “Fashion Gives Back.” Hosted by George Kotsiopoulos of E!’s Fashion Police, the event featured more than a dozen Crystals’ boutiques partnering with local charities to raise funds for their respective causes.
Stylist to stars such as Julianne Moore and Anne Hathaway, Kotsiopoulos walked the red carpet with notables including Farid Matraki and Judy Stone of The Shops at Crystals, as well as DJ and model Harley Viera-Newton before heading to the runway. With Viera-Newton spinning upbeat indie rock, Kotsiopoulos provided commentary as eight models – adorned in covetable spring 2014 looks from Roberto Cavalli, Lanvin, Donna Karan and Paul Smith – strutted down the catwalk.
“Crystals is the most glamorous shopping mecca in all of Las Vegas,” said Kotsiopoulos. “It's not just luxury retail stores; it's high-end luxury retail stores....housed all under one roof. I like to think of Crystals as helping to bring back the glamour of Las Vegas.”
Throughout the night, champagne flowed as guests shopped for a cause and enjoyed fashionable fun:
- Valentino held a gorgeous celebration for Nevada Ballet Theatre with host Audra Baldwin, where ballerinas from the company modeled the iconic brand’s hottest looks.
- Kiki de Montparnasse and The Shade Tree joined for an elegant reception including a light aphrodisiac buffet as guests marveled at an interactive window display featuring Kiki’s seductive models.
- Christian Dior showcased its legendary French savoir faire with Nathan Adelson Hospice and Chairs Susan Molasky, Jane Schorr, Beth Weinberger and Sharon Jenkins. Party guests sampled macarons from Hakkasan and sipped champagne, in true French style.
- Porsche Design welcomed Jeff Leibow of Jersey Boys and his wife Melody for an evening of wine and delicious Thai hors d’oeuvres to support the NF Hope Foundation.
- Lanvin hosted the evening with Keep Memory Alive and Camille Ruvo as guests admired the brand’s Men’s and Women’s Fall 2013 Collection.
- To highlight its relationship with The Children’s Heart Foundation, Donna Karan’s boutique served adorable heart-shaped desserts at an exclusive reception hosted by Julie Marcus Downs, raising both awareness and funds for the charity.
- Bottega Veneta offered guests cocktails at an exclusive shopping event hosted by local tastemaker Leora Blau in support of beloved Las Vegas non-profit Opportunity Village.
- Live models displayed FENDI’s latest designs while guests enjoyed aperitifs and cocktails and raised funds for Communities in Schools of Nevada with host Susie Lee.
- Shoe fanatics flooded Jimmy Choo to support The Jewish Federation of Las Vegas, where hosts Heather DiChiaro, Barbara Silverberg and Ilana Vann mingled with guests.
- Attendees scooped up looks from Roberto Cavalli’s Holiday and Spring 2014 collections while charity Three Square reaped the rewards.
- Dr. Brittany and Adam Stryker hosted a fabulous reception at TAG Heuer celebrating KIDDOS and the 50th anniversary of the renowned watch brand’s Carrera Collection.
- Paul Smith’s boutique had guests nibbling on desserts from ARIA’s Jean Philippe Pâtisserie while raising funds for Generosity Water with Mike Snedegar and Jordan Wagner.
- Louis Vuitton joined with the Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health for an exclusive evening of shopping, charity and bubbly.
While their ladies shopped, the gentlemen of “Fashion Gives Back” gathered at the Grey Goose Game Lounge to compete in classic games such as pool, foosball and pinball while sipping Grey Goose and Bombay Sapphire specialty cocktails. Guests who showed a receipt for a purchase made that evening could try their luck at the Crane Game for a chance to win luxurious prizes from throughout the city.
Shoppers took a break from the action at a rejuvenating pop-up spa by The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas, indulging in neck and shoulder massages and even a Diamond Magnetic Hand Treatment from Natura Bissé.
For a quick thirst quencher, guests visited the San Pellegrino Hydration Lounge to refresh with one of Pellegrino’s sparkling waters and Aqua Panna water.