Mother's Day is quickly approaching and what better way to celebrate the mother in your life than to shower her with gifts!
Whether she is hinting at that "it" bag, wants to add a splash of color to her spring wardrobe or longing for that perfect travel accessory for an upcoming trip - The Shops at Crystals is you nonstop shop for moms of all styles and interests!
For more gift ideas for the mother in your life, check out these fabulous finds!
Following last year's journey into the world of punk, this year's Met Ball saw its star guests return to the red carpet for a more glamorous ‘Hollywood’ attire.
With the Metropolitan Museum of Art celebrating the opening of its exhibition dedicated to Charles James, many embraced old school elegance in the most romantic of dresses. The result was a sea of ball gowns sweeping down the red carpet on the likes of Kate Mara, Rita Ora and Charlize Theron.
For those looking for something a little edgier, a number of trends emerged. Cropped tops, offering a hint of midriff, teamed with a long skirt worn by none other than Rihanna. While Blake Lively, Marion Cotillard, Gisele and Leighton Meester chose a more seductive look with plunging necklines edging towards the navel.
Meanwhile a number of designers stood out as the night's absolute favorites: Stella McCartney arrived with an all-star group, all dressed in customized versions of her designs - Reese Witherspoon, Cara Delevingne, Rihanna and Kate Bosworth. Valentino’s feminine prints and embroidered lace were in abundance seen on Florence Welch, Haley Bennett, Kate Mara and Maggie Gyllenhaal. Miuccia Prada worked her magic for Lupita Nyong'o, Margot Robbie, Elizabeth Olsen and Dianna Agron - all of whom arrived dressed in bespoke Prada or Miu Miu creations.
View all of the spectacular red carpet looks on our Pinterest page now.
The unofficial rule of fashion is that three marks the trend. With another New York Fashion Week come and gone, we look back to the one thing that was noticed across all runway shows: the color Red!
With plenty of feminine splashes of bold red and pretty in pink shades on the runways at Donna Karan, Nanette Lepore and Porsche Design. We are absolutely in love with these flirty vibrant hues for fall!
View the entire collections on our New York Fashion Week Pinterest page: http://bit.ly/1kwYDVd
[Images from Vogue.com]
Here and gone… another New York Fashion Week has past. As we prepare for the Fall 2014 collections from London, Milan and Paris, it’s important to take a look back at what happened in Manhattan and what it tells us about where our paychecks are headed in the second half of the year.
Designers seem to be putting their biggest emphasis on furs, furs and more furs! Soo… be prepared to either spend $20,000 on a handbag or a simple $2,000 runner-up will suit just fine. For the top-tier luxury designers, designing a bag with an with such a luxurious emphasis makes the brand’s more accessible designs all the more attractive to regular luxury customers. Past the clear texture trends, many collections focused on color and cross-body for the upcoming Fall 2014-2015 season!
[Images from Vogue.com]
The Shops at Crystals, Las Vegas’ premier luxury retail destination, celebrated philanthropy and fashion as thousands of people filled its stores for “Fashion Gives Back.” Hosted by George Kotsiopoulos of E!’s Fashion Police, the event featured more than a dozen Crystals’ boutiques partnering with local charities to raise funds for their respective causes.
Stylist to stars such as Julianne Moore and Anne Hathaway, Kotsiopoulos walked the red carpet with notables including Farid Matraki and Judy Stone of The Shops at Crystals, as well as DJ and model Harley Viera-Newton before heading to the runway. With Viera-Newton spinning upbeat indie rock, Kotsiopoulos provided commentary as eight models – adorned in covetable spring 2014 looks from Roberto Cavalli, Lanvin, Donna Karan and Paul Smith – strutted down the catwalk.
“Crystals is the most glamorous shopping mecca in all of Las Vegas,” said Kotsiopoulos. “It's not just luxury retail stores; it's high-end luxury retail stores....housed all under one roof. I like to think of Crystals as helping to bring back the glamour of Las Vegas.”
Throughout the night, champagne flowed as guests shopped for a cause and enjoyed fashionable fun:
- Valentino held a gorgeous celebration for Nevada Ballet Theatre with host Audra Baldwin, where ballerinas from the company modeled the iconic brand’s hottest looks.
- Kiki de Montparnasse and The Shade Tree joined for an elegant reception including a light aphrodisiac buffet as guests marveled at an interactive window display featuring Kiki’s seductive models.
- Christian Dior showcased its legendary French savoir faire with Nathan Adelson Hospice and Chairs Susan Molasky, Jane Schorr, Beth Weinberger and Sharon Jenkins. Party guests sampled macarons from Hakkasan and sipped champagne, in true French style.
- Porsche Design welcomed Jeff Leibow of Jersey Boys and his wife Melody for an evening of wine and delicious Thai hors d’oeuvres to support the NF Hope Foundation.
- Lanvin hosted the evening with Keep Memory Alive and Camille Ruvo as guests admired the brand’s Men’s and Women’s Fall 2013 Collection.
- To highlight its relationship with The Children’s Heart Foundation, Donna Karan’s boutique served adorable heart-shaped desserts at an exclusive reception hosted by Julie Marcus Downs, raising both awareness and funds for the charity.
- Bottega Veneta offered guests cocktails at an exclusive shopping event hosted by local tastemaker Leora Blau in support of beloved Las Vegas non-profit Opportunity Village.
- Live models displayed FENDI’s latest designs while guests enjoyed aperitifs and cocktails and raised funds for Communities in Schools of Nevada with host Susie Lee.
- Shoe fanatics flooded Jimmy Choo to support The Jewish Federation of Las Vegas, where hosts Heather DiChiaro, Barbara Silverberg and Ilana Vann mingled with guests.
- Attendees scooped up looks from Roberto Cavalli’s Holiday and Spring 2014 collections while charity Three Square reaped the rewards.
- Dr. Brittany and Adam Stryker hosted a fabulous reception at TAG Heuer celebrating KIDDOS and the 50th anniversary of the renowned watch brand’s Carrera Collection.
- Paul Smith’s boutique had guests nibbling on desserts from ARIA’s Jean Philippe Pâtisserie while raising funds for Generosity Water with Mike Snedegar and Jordan Wagner.
- Louis Vuitton joined with the Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health for an exclusive evening of shopping, charity and bubbly.
While their ladies shopped, the gentlemen of “Fashion Gives Back” gathered at the Grey Goose Game Lounge to compete in classic games such as pool, foosball and pinball while sipping Grey Goose and Bombay Sapphire specialty cocktails. Guests who showed a receipt for a purchase made that evening could try their luck at the Crane Game for a chance to win luxurious prizes from throughout the city.
Shoppers took a break from the action at a rejuvenating pop-up spa by The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas, indulging in neck and shoulder massages and even a Diamond Magnetic Hand Treatment from Natura Bissé.
For a quick thirst quencher, guests visited the San Pellegrino Hydration Lounge to refresh with one of Pellegrino’s sparkling waters and Aqua Panna water.