The Shops at Crystals, Las Vegas’ premier luxury retail destination, celebrated philanthropy and fashion as thousands of people filled its stores for “Fashion Gives Back.” Hosted by George Kotsiopoulos of E!’s Fashion Police, the event featured more than a dozen Crystals’ boutiques partnering with local charities to raise funds for their respective causes.
Stylist to stars such as Julianne Moore and Anne Hathaway, Kotsiopoulos walked the red carpet with notables including Farid Matraki and Judy Stone of The Shops at Crystals, as well as DJ and model Harley Viera-Newton before heading to the runway. With Viera-Newton spinning upbeat indie rock, Kotsiopoulos provided commentary as eight models – adorned in covetable spring 2014 looks from Roberto Cavalli, Lanvin, Donna Karan and Paul Smith – strutted down the catwalk.
“Crystals is the most glamorous shopping mecca in all of Las Vegas,” said Kotsiopoulos. “It's not just luxury retail stores; it's high-end luxury retail stores....housed all under one roof. I like to think of Crystals as helping to bring back the glamour of Las Vegas.”
Throughout the night, champagne flowed as guests shopped for a cause and enjoyed fashionable fun:
- Valentino held a gorgeous celebration for Nevada Ballet Theatre with host Audra Baldwin, where ballerinas from the company modeled the iconic brand’s hottest looks.
- Kiki de Montparnasse and The Shade Tree joined for an elegant reception including a light aphrodisiac buffet as guests marveled at an interactive window display featuring Kiki’s seductive models.
- Christian Dior showcased its legendary French savoir faire with Nathan Adelson Hospice and Chairs Susan Molasky, Jane Schorr, Beth Weinberger and Sharon Jenkins. Party guests sampled macarons from Hakkasan and sipped champagne, in true French style.
- Porsche Design welcomed Jeff Leibow of Jersey Boys and his wife Melody for an evening of wine and delicious Thai hors d’oeuvres to support the NF Hope Foundation.
- Lanvin hosted the evening with Keep Memory Alive and Camille Ruvo as guests admired the brand’s Men’s and Women’s Fall 2013 Collection.
- To highlight its relationship with The Children’s Heart Foundation, Donna Karan’s boutique served adorable heart-shaped desserts at an exclusive reception hosted by Julie Marcus Downs, raising both awareness and funds for the charity.
- Bottega Veneta offered guests cocktails at an exclusive shopping event hosted by local tastemaker Leora Blau in support of beloved Las Vegas non-profit Opportunity Village.
- Live models displayed FENDI’s latest designs while guests enjoyed aperitifs and cocktails and raised funds for Communities in Schools of Nevada with host Susie Lee.
- Shoe fanatics flooded Jimmy Choo to support The Jewish Federation of Las Vegas, where hosts Heather DiChiaro, Barbara Silverberg and Ilana Vann mingled with guests.
- Attendees scooped up looks from Roberto Cavalli’s Holiday and Spring 2014 collections while charity Three Square reaped the rewards.
- Dr. Brittany and Adam Stryker hosted a fabulous reception at TAG Heuer celebrating KIDDOS and the 50th anniversary of the renowned watch brand’s Carrera Collection.
- Paul Smith’s boutique had guests nibbling on desserts from ARIA’s Jean Philippe Pâtisserie while raising funds for Generosity Water with Mike Snedegar and Jordan Wagner.
- Louis Vuitton joined with the Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health for an exclusive evening of shopping, charity and bubbly.
While their ladies shopped, the gentlemen of “Fashion Gives Back” gathered at the Grey Goose Game Lounge to compete in classic games such as pool, foosball and pinball while sipping Grey Goose and Bombay Sapphire specialty cocktails. Guests who showed a receipt for a purchase made that evening could try their luck at the Crane Game for a chance to win luxurious prizes from throughout the city.
Shoppers took a break from the action at a rejuvenating pop-up spa by The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas, indulging in neck and shoulder massages and even a Diamond Magnetic Hand Treatment from Natura Bissé.
For a quick thirst quencher, guests visited the San Pellegrino Hydration Lounge to refresh with one of Pellegrino’s sparkling waters and Aqua Panna water.
Retail therapy is redefined at Crystals' charity event "Fashion Gives Back"
Fashion and philanthropy collide on Thursday, Nov. 21 from 6 p.m. – 10 p.m. as The Shops at Crystals celebrates an evening of luxurious shopping, spa treatments, specialty cocktails and fabulous giveaways.
Hosted by celebrity fashion editor, stylist and co-host of E! Entertainment’s Fashion Police George Kotsiopoulos, Fashion Gives Back partners more than a dozen designer boutiques with select local charities in an effort to raise money for their respective initiatives.
Attendees are invited to enjoy a fashion presentation from Kotsiopoulos and revel in the musical stylings of model and DJ Harley Viera-Newton throughout the evening. Guests also will be treated to a sneak peek of upcoming spring trends as models strut down the runway outfitted in looks from Crystals’ designers such as Roberto Cavalli, Donna Karan and more.
Also at Fashion Gives Back, Crystals will offer fabulous in-store experiences:
- Gentlemen are invited to retreat to the Grey Goose Game Lounge for Men where they will enjoy an array of games including pool, foosball and pinball and watch all-time classic sporting moments while sampling Grey Goose and Bombay Sapphire specialty cocktails.
- Visitors can experience a taste of The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas at a sanctuary situated on the main level between Bottega Veneta and Roberto Cavalli. The mini-oasis will feature tension-relieving neck and shoulder massages as well as the Diamond Magnetic Hand Treatment from Natura Bissé.
- Christian Dior will provide champagne and a Parisian touch of macaroons.
- Bottega Veneta will serve champagne as visitors to the boutique browse a range of products including men’s and women’s ready-to-wear, fine jewelry, furniture and more.
- Kiki de Montparnasse will offer champagne and a light aphrodisiac buffet. In-store models will feature the latest looks in addition to Kiki’s signature interactive window display.
- Porsche Design will raffle off a pair of iconic aviators with interchangeable lenses in the latest collection colors and Jeff Leibow of Jersey Boys will make a special appearance. Champagne, wine and hors d’oeuvres will be served.
- The San Pellegrino Hydration Lounge will provide guests the perfect stop for a shopping break. Sample Pellegrino’s sparkling water and experience Acqua Panna as well as San Pellegrino Sparkling Fruit Beverages as served by stylish brand ambassadors
Throughout the event, Crystals invites Fashion Gives Back attendees to shop for a cause at their favorite designers with its third annual charity crawl. The following retailers will donate a percentage of sales to the local charity partner they have selected for the evening:
· Bottega Veneta / Opportunity Village
· Christian Dior / Nathan Adelson Hospice
· Donna Karan / The Children’s Heart Foundation
· FENDI / Communities in Schools
· Jimmy Choo / The Jewish Federation of Las Vegas
· Kiki de Montparnasse / The Shade Tree
· Lanvin / Keep Memory Alive
· Paul Smith / Generosity Water
· Porsche Design / NF Hope Foundation
· Roberto Cavalli / Three Square Food Bank
· TAG Heuer / KIDDOS
· Valentino / Nevada Ballet Theatre
Our first two brands, Balenciaga and Lanvin, to show this season at Paris Fashion Week, couldn’t have been more different in their stylistic approach to designs, representing both ends of the trend spectrum for Spring 2014.
In his second round as the Creative Director for Balenciaga, Alexander Wang presented his Spring 2014 Collection using the structured classic shapes that the brand is known best for, while introducing floral patterns and pastel-colors, an outside of the box twist for the brand. The tapered silhouettes reflected in the cropped tops and peplum pants, all stemming from woven fabrics with molded leather accents, gave the street-wear designs a feminine contemporary spin. “The idea was to start strong and austere, and let that unravel,” said Wang.
In contrast to the soft and ultra-feminine collection that Balenciaga presented, Alber Elbaz pushed the envelope with Lanvin’s Spring 2014 Collection with his metallic, lamé and satin fabric selections. The show’s pale green, peach, raspberry and maroon color palette was softly embellished with crystals to add a more va-va-voom effect. "I never thought of myself as rebellious. I do think about what people want. People look for a dream and for fantasy in fashion," said Elbaz.
For more of our favorite looks from Paris Fashion Week, make sure to visit our Pinterest page.
Just like that, another batch of gorgeous Spring 2014 ready-to-wear collections hit the runway and leaving us wanting more. With Milan Fashion Week coming to a close, we reflect on our five favorite trends from Italy:
1. Sporty Chic - With the sporty trend already embraced during New York Fashion Week, Milan designers focused on adding a more athletic touch to an already feminie look. Case in point, Prada adding a sporty detail like leg warmers while Emilio Pucci adds sparkley details and feminine shapes to sporyt wardrobe basics.
2. 3D Florals - Florals for spring and summer is nothing new but Milan fashion designs Dolce & Gabbana ad Marni fully embraced the trend that will blossom all season long!
3. Let’s Rock! - Milan Fashion Week pushed the envelope with a rocker chic looks for spring and summer featuring fringe, leather and of course sexy cut outs. Versace and Roberto Cavalli lead the pack wth these gorgeous yet daring looks.
4. Bling - One of the biggest trends we saw for spring/summer 2014 was the use of embellishments. Each collection impressive us more and more as the week progressed as designers seem to follow the same philosophy when it came to bling–go big or go home.
5. Bold Hues - As always, spring runways are full of light and bright colors and this season is no exception. Several of our famed Italian designers are playing up the punch and injecting color in a big way just like Fendi and Gucci!
For more of our favorite looks from Milan Fashion Week, make sure to visit our Pinterest page.
With London Fashion Week officially coming to a close, it’s time to reflect on our 6 favorite trends of the past week:
1. Feminine Florals – Bold graphic motifs gave floral prints an updated modern feel. Oversized florals were spotlighted in Paul Smith’s collection.
2. Peek-a-boo Designs – Sheer chiffon layers, masked skirts and glittering bodices hinting at what lies beneath
3. Opposites Attract – Tom ford offered skin-tight, sensual shapes crafted to empower women while Paul Smith went with a fresh, clean, crisp all white collection.
4. Shine On – Tom Ford’s curve-hugging mosaic designs presented a modern and flattering twist on the traditional blingy styles of past seasons.
5. A Classic Reinvented – A staple for almost every fashion season, Tom Ford reinvented the Bomber Jacket by emphasizing the shoulders and adding leather detailing.
6. Color, Color, Color – Paul Smith’s Spring collection came alive with opulent and vibrant colors paired with the classic tailored silhouettes that the brand is known best for.
For more of our favorite looks from London Fashion Week, make sure to visit our Pinterest page: http://www.pinterest.com/crystalslv/