The Shops at Crystals, Las Vegas’ premier luxury retail destination, celebrated philanthropy and fashion as thousands of people filled its stores for “Fashion Gives Back.” Hosted by George Kotsiopoulos of E!’s Fashion Police, the event featured more than a dozen Crystals’ boutiques partnering with local charities to raise funds for their respective causes.
Stylist to stars such as Julianne Moore and Anne Hathaway, Kotsiopoulos walked the red carpet with notables including Farid Matraki and Judy Stone of The Shops at Crystals, as well as DJ and model Harley Viera-Newton before heading to the runway. With Viera-Newton spinning upbeat indie rock, Kotsiopoulos provided commentary as eight models – adorned in covetable spring 2014 looks from Roberto Cavalli, Lanvin, Donna Karan and Paul Smith – strutted down the catwalk.
“Crystals is the most glamorous shopping mecca in all of Las Vegas,” said Kotsiopoulos. “It's not just luxury retail stores; it's high-end luxury retail stores....housed all under one roof. I like to think of Crystals as helping to bring back the glamour of Las Vegas.”
Throughout the night, champagne flowed as guests shopped for a cause and enjoyed fashionable fun:
- Valentino held a gorgeous celebration for Nevada Ballet Theatre with host Audra Baldwin, where ballerinas from the company modeled the iconic brand’s hottest looks.
- Kiki de Montparnasse and The Shade Tree joined for an elegant reception including a light aphrodisiac buffet as guests marveled at an interactive window display featuring Kiki’s seductive models.
- Christian Dior showcased its legendary French savoir faire with Nathan Adelson Hospice and Chairs Susan Molasky, Jane Schorr, Beth Weinberger and Sharon Jenkins. Party guests sampled macarons from Hakkasan and sipped champagne, in true French style.
- Porsche Design welcomed Jeff Leibow of Jersey Boys and his wife Melody for an evening of wine and delicious Thai hors d’oeuvres to support the NF Hope Foundation.
- Lanvin hosted the evening with Keep Memory Alive and Camille Ruvo as guests admired the brand’s Men’s and Women’s Fall 2013 Collection.
- To highlight its relationship with The Children’s Heart Foundation, Donna Karan’s boutique served adorable heart-shaped desserts at an exclusive reception hosted by Julie Marcus Downs, raising both awareness and funds for the charity.
- Bottega Veneta offered guests cocktails at an exclusive shopping event hosted by local tastemaker Leora Blau in support of beloved Las Vegas non-profit Opportunity Village.
- Live models displayed FENDI’s latest designs while guests enjoyed aperitifs and cocktails and raised funds for Communities in Schools of Nevada with host Susie Lee.
- Shoe fanatics flooded Jimmy Choo to support The Jewish Federation of Las Vegas, where hosts Heather DiChiaro, Barbara Silverberg and Ilana Vann mingled with guests.
- Attendees scooped up looks from Roberto Cavalli’s Holiday and Spring 2014 collections while charity Three Square reaped the rewards.
- Dr. Brittany and Adam Stryker hosted a fabulous reception at TAG Heuer celebrating KIDDOS and the 50th anniversary of the renowned watch brand’s Carrera Collection.
- Paul Smith’s boutique had guests nibbling on desserts from ARIA’s Jean Philippe Pâtisserie while raising funds for Generosity Water with Mike Snedegar and Jordan Wagner.
- Louis Vuitton joined with the Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health for an exclusive evening of shopping, charity and bubbly.
While their ladies shopped, the gentlemen of “Fashion Gives Back” gathered at the Grey Goose Game Lounge to compete in classic games such as pool, foosball and pinball while sipping Grey Goose and Bombay Sapphire specialty cocktails. Guests who showed a receipt for a purchase made that evening could try their luck at the Crane Game for a chance to win luxurious prizes from throughout the city.
Shoppers took a break from the action at a rejuvenating pop-up spa by The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas, indulging in neck and shoulder massages and even a Diamond Magnetic Hand Treatment from Natura Bissé.
For a quick thirst quencher, guests visited the San Pellegrino Hydration Lounge to refresh with one of Pellegrino’s sparkling waters and Aqua Panna water.
Tourbillon Flagship Boutique Now Open!
Tourbillon’s most impressive store to date is now open. This high-end multi-brand luxury watch and jewelry store is the largest within the Tourbillon global network. Showcasing collections from the most prestigious names in watch making – Breguet, Blancpain, Glashütte Original, Jaquet Droz, Omega and Swatch – this boutique delivers not only exceptional choice but also unrivaled expertise to its discerning clients.
The Tourbillon boutique is located on the second level of The Shops at Crystals near the entrance to ARIA.
“I am a New York woman, embracing the world. Designing clothes that move day to night. This collection is the evolution of the seven pieces.”
Evening paints the body with artisan strokes-- From the simplicity of a jersey body that sculpts the form, to the heights of luxury in velvets, satins and sequins; each an individual force of artistry and seduction.
“These are clothes for women like me- who live and work 24/7 with passion and dress with emotion. I believe the body talked a language all its own. Depending on your DNA, these clothes say something new every time and create a statement all your own.”
Experience this collection at the Donna Karan boutique inside The Shops at Crystals.
RIMOWA is one of the leading premium brands worldwide for cases made from aluminum and the high-tech polycarbonate and is one of the few manufacturers of travel luggage still producing in Germany. One could say that RIMOWA is probably the only manufacturer with a history stretching back over more than 110 years with a distinctive, deep-rooted tradition – an exceptional position in the industry. To RIMOWA, “Made in Germany” and “German Engineering” mean outstanding materials, brilliant technology and extraordinary product design, crafted to the highest possible quality. For decades now, the identifying feature of the collections, which are being continually optimized, has been the elegant and unmistakable groove structure of the case shells.
The traditional company with headquarters in Cologne sells its products in over 65 countries worldwide via selected dealers, and its own stores, including the new Flagship boutique at The Shops at Crystals. Spanning over 2,000 square feet, the space will house the largest selection of RIMOWA cases available in Las Vegas, including custom colors such as the summer’s newest color Ipanema Blue and exclusive items including the new leather goods collection and all RIMOWA accessories.
The RIMOWA boutique is now open at The Shops at Crystals.
VALENTINO is pleased to announce the opening of its new boutique at The Shops at Crystals in Las Vegas, launching in July 2013.
The 3,000 square foot space continues the contemporary vision developed by Creative Directors, Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pierpaolo Piccioli in cooperation with architect, David Chipperfield. This concept is visualized in other Valentino boutiques such as Beverly Hills, Milan and most recently, Paris. Fusing heritage and style in a textural context, David Chipperfield encapsulates Valentino’s signature DNA of excellence and intimacy through a fluid, modern and timeless design that subtly plays with contrasts.
The boutique will carry all product categories, including the latest ready-to-wear, handbag and shoe collections. With a more personal and intimate atmosphere than a traditional retail boutique, the series of various rooms are seamlessly connected by homogeneous custom Venetian terrazzo framing through the floors, walls and openings. The brand’s iconic custom black and white window pane flooring is impossible to miss as special brass frames and optic lens lighting focus on this area. Signature Valentino materials such as molded gypsum curtains, layered mirror glass walls and carbon fiber poles recall the brand’s identity and craftsmanship. The custom leather furniture and stylistic fixtures soften the intricate architectural forms and create a warmer, more intimate feeling.