Just like that, another batch of gorgeous Spring 2014 ready-to-wear collections hit the runway and leaving us wanting more. With Milan Fashion Week coming to a close, we reflect on our five favorite trends from Italy:
1. Sporty Chic - With the sporty trend already embraced during New York Fashion Week, Milan designers focused on adding a more athletic touch to an already feminie look. Case in point, Prada adding a sporty detail like leg warmers while Emilio Pucci adds sparkley details and feminine shapes to sporyt wardrobe basics.
2. 3D Florals - Florals for spring and summer is nothing new but Milan fashion designs Dolce & Gabbana ad Marni fully embraced the trend that will blossom all season long!
3. Let’s Rock! - Milan Fashion Week pushed the envelope with a rocker chic looks for spring and summer featuring fringe, leather and of course sexy cut outs. Versace and Roberto Cavalli lead the pack wth these gorgeous yet daring looks.
4. Bling - One of the biggest trends we saw for spring/summer 2014 was the use of embellishments. Each collection impressive us more and more as the week progressed as designers seem to follow the same philosophy when it came to bling–go big or go home.
5. Bold Hues - As always, spring runways are full of light and bright colors and this season is no exception. Several of our famed Italian designers are playing up the punch and injecting color in a big way just like Fendi and Gucci!
For more of our favorite looks from Milan Fashion Week, make sure to visit our Pinterest page.
When it comes to red carpet glamour, few events compete with the Cannes Film Festival’s sartorial spectacle and star power - the ball-gowns are bigger, the accessories are glitzier and the detailing more decadent. This year was no exception. See all of our favorite red carpet looks from the 2013 Cannes Film Festival at http://pinterest.com/crystalslv/cannes-film-festival-2013/
Elaborately designed accessories, such as animal-inspired pieces, can complement one’s look and personality. Turn heads with Emilio Pucci’s “Drago Menaudiere” evening bag, a stunning dragon-inspired clutch reminiscent of carved wood. To celebrate the Year of the Snake, Mikimoto offers a beautiful snake-inspired ring from its organic free-form Milano Collection. Van Cleef & Arpels’ vibrant “Moments de Chance” butterfly clip is set in white gold and encrusted with diamonds, yellow sapphires. red spinels, mandarin garnets, black spinels, and black onyx.