This summer take advice from the late great Lou Reed and walk on the wild side – in some totally tribal patterns. From Valentino’s ethnic prints to Donna Karan’s urban chic, tribal motifs are filling up the boutiques at The Shops at Crystals.
Whether you are lounging by Mandarin Oriental’s pool in a statement making Donna Karan tribal cover up, dancing the night away at Haze Nightclub in a sexy blue, black and red short Valentino dress, or grabbing a quick bite to eat pairing your favorite classic blue jeans with Roberto Cavalli’s black and white tribal sandals – the international print influence will definitely have you turning heads in city ready looks with a tribal twist!
Summers in Las Vegas are hot. Period. Aside from water and sunscreen, the only necessary accessory you simply must have for survival are sunglasses. A walk down the Las Vegas Strip must be done with Gucci's oversized aviators. A day lounging at Liquid pool is incomplete without Prada’s Swarovski crystalized frames. We have an array of shades that can make a statement while also protecting you from the Vegas rays.
The go-to print every woman should have in her closet... Snakeskin-print!
Snakeskin-print accessories offer the perfect dose of texture for any outfit. Whether you're a world traveler, businesswoman or stay-at-home parent, we promise that adding a little snakeskin-print will give your look a sophisticated, chic appeal. Even if you do not consider yourself exotic or have a small wild side, snakeskin-print accessories will be a welcome addition to your closet!
The Oscars is continually the biggest date of the year on the Hollywood calendar with a guest list unrivalled by any other event - and 2014 was no exception.
This is the night when the world's biggest stars step out in fashion's most beautiful gowns. In terms of trends, a spectrum of whites and nudes dominated the red carpet – Kate Hudson in Atelier Versace, Kristin Chenoweth in Roberto Cavalli, Sally Hawkins in Valentino and Kristen Bell in Roberto Cavalli.
Meanwhile celebrities Amy Adams, Charlize Theron and Lupita Nyong'o are bound to top best dressed lists in their shades of blue and blacks - navy Gucci, sleek black Dior and pastel blue or better known as ‘Nairobi blue’ Prada. And, it was no surprise that Jennifer Lawrence was back in Dior swapping last year's voluminous silhouette for something more hip-hugging and sleek.
To view the entire red carpet looks follow us on Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/CrystalsLV
[Photo credit: vogue.com]
The Shops at Crystals, Las Vegas’ premier luxury retail destination, celebrated philanthropy and fashion as thousands of people filled its stores for “Fashion Gives Back.” Hosted by George Kotsiopoulos of E!’s Fashion Police, the event featured more than a dozen Crystals’ boutiques partnering with local charities to raise funds for their respective causes.
Stylist to stars such as Julianne Moore and Anne Hathaway, Kotsiopoulos walked the red carpet with notables including Farid Matraki and Judy Stone of The Shops at Crystals, as well as DJ and model Harley Viera-Newton before heading to the runway. With Viera-Newton spinning upbeat indie rock, Kotsiopoulos provided commentary as eight models – adorned in covetable spring 2014 looks from Roberto Cavalli, Lanvin, Donna Karan and Paul Smith – strutted down the catwalk.
“Crystals is the most glamorous shopping mecca in all of Las Vegas,” said Kotsiopoulos. “It's not just luxury retail stores; it's high-end luxury retail stores....housed all under one roof. I like to think of Crystals as helping to bring back the glamour of Las Vegas.”
Throughout the night, champagne flowed as guests shopped for a cause and enjoyed fashionable fun:
- Valentino held a gorgeous celebration for Nevada Ballet Theatre with host Audra Baldwin, where ballerinas from the company modeled the iconic brand’s hottest looks.
- Kiki de Montparnasse and The Shade Tree joined for an elegant reception including a light aphrodisiac buffet as guests marveled at an interactive window display featuring Kiki’s seductive models.
- Christian Dior showcased its legendary French savoir faire with Nathan Adelson Hospice and Chairs Susan Molasky, Jane Schorr, Beth Weinberger and Sharon Jenkins. Party guests sampled macarons from Hakkasan and sipped champagne, in true French style.
- Porsche Design welcomed Jeff Leibow of Jersey Boys and his wife Melody for an evening of wine and delicious Thai hors d’oeuvres to support the NF Hope Foundation.
- Lanvin hosted the evening with Keep Memory Alive and Camille Ruvo as guests admired the brand’s Men’s and Women’s Fall 2013 Collection.
- To highlight its relationship with The Children’s Heart Foundation, Donna Karan’s boutique served adorable heart-shaped desserts at an exclusive reception hosted by Julie Marcus Downs, raising both awareness and funds for the charity.
- Bottega Veneta offered guests cocktails at an exclusive shopping event hosted by local tastemaker Leora Blau in support of beloved Las Vegas non-profit Opportunity Village.
- Live models displayed FENDI’s latest designs while guests enjoyed aperitifs and cocktails and raised funds for Communities in Schools of Nevada with host Susie Lee.
- Shoe fanatics flooded Jimmy Choo to support The Jewish Federation of Las Vegas, where hosts Heather DiChiaro, Barbara Silverberg and Ilana Vann mingled with guests.
- Attendees scooped up looks from Roberto Cavalli’s Holiday and Spring 2014 collections while charity Three Square reaped the rewards.
- Dr. Brittany and Adam Stryker hosted a fabulous reception at TAG Heuer celebrating KIDDOS and the 50th anniversary of the renowned watch brand’s Carrera Collection.
- Paul Smith’s boutique had guests nibbling on desserts from ARIA’s Jean Philippe Pâtisserie while raising funds for Generosity Water with Mike Snedegar and Jordan Wagner.
- Louis Vuitton joined with the Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health for an exclusive evening of shopping, charity and bubbly.
While their ladies shopped, the gentlemen of “Fashion Gives Back” gathered at the Grey Goose Game Lounge to compete in classic games such as pool, foosball and pinball while sipping Grey Goose and Bombay Sapphire specialty cocktails. Guests who showed a receipt for a purchase made that evening could try their luck at the Crane Game for a chance to win luxurious prizes from throughout the city.
Shoppers took a break from the action at a rejuvenating pop-up spa by The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas, indulging in neck and shoulder massages and even a Diamond Magnetic Hand Treatment from Natura Bissé.
For a quick thirst quencher, guests visited the San Pellegrino Hydration Lounge to refresh with one of Pellegrino’s sparkling waters and Aqua Panna water.