Just like that, another batch of gorgeous Spring 2014 ready-to-wear collections hit the runway and leaving us wanting more. With Milan Fashion Week coming to a close, we reflect on our five favorite trends from Italy:
1. Sporty Chic - With the sporty trend already embraced during New York Fashion Week, Milan designers focused on adding a more athletic touch to an already feminie look. Case in point, Prada adding a sporty detail like leg warmers while Emilio Pucci adds sparkley details and feminine shapes to sporyt wardrobe basics.
2. 3D Florals - Florals for spring and summer is nothing new but Milan fashion designs Dolce & Gabbana ad Marni fully embraced the trend that will blossom all season long!
3. Let’s Rock! - Milan Fashion Week pushed the envelope with a rocker chic looks for spring and summer featuring fringe, leather and of course sexy cut outs. Versace and Roberto Cavalli lead the pack wth these gorgeous yet daring looks.
4. Bling - One of the biggest trends we saw for spring/summer 2014 was the use of embellishments. Each collection impressive us more and more as the week progressed as designers seem to follow the same philosophy when it came to bling–go big or go home.
5. Bold Hues - As always, spring runways are full of light and bright colors and this season is no exception. Several of our famed Italian designers are playing up the punch and injecting color in a big way just like Fendi and Gucci!
For more of our favorite looks from Milan Fashion Week, make sure to visit our Pinterest page.
After countless amounts of shows, hairspray bottles used, models cat-walking down the runway and 2 of our favorite New York designers’ shows, Donna Karan and Nanette Lepore, New York Fashion Week has come to an end. As we jump the Atlantic sea to London today, we're reflecting on what the Big Apple has served us these past 8 days!
On the catwalk, some trends emerged early:
Donna Karan returned to her urban roots for spring, delivering a beautiful collection featuring languid dresses slung with leather belts at the hips, softly constructed coats and jackets that slipped on like a robe, an inviting palette of sea blues and warm, sunbaked browns.
While Nanette Lepore drew inspiration flowing from Charles Baudelaire's Les Fleurs du mal, Nanette cites with neo-romanticism as her biggest inspiration for her Spring/Summer 2014 collection with deep reds, soft elegant blues and clean chic whites.
For all of our favorite looks from the runway, check out our Pinterest page: http://www.pinterest.com/crystalslv/
Photos credited to Style.com
Shop Nanatte Lepore's feminine take on current trends with her Summer Sale going on NOW! The entire Summer Collection and Spring accessory line is up to 40% off select styles!
The Summer Collection is available at the Nanatte Lepore boutique at The Shops at Crystals.
Porsche Design's Summer Sale begins now...
Porsche Design would like to cordially invite you to shop their Fashion Summer Sale where you can get a discount on selected items from their Summer 2013 Fashion and Sport Collections.
For more information, please follow the link to http://www.porsche-design.com/
An explosion of color inspired by an imaginary visit to Italy’s and the world’s most beautiful botanical gardens, such as the Hanbury garden in Ventimiglia, the Villa Demidoff park in Florence or the Altea garden of Valencia.
The silhouette is simple and immediate, easy, it wraps around the figure which is often highlighted by borders which frame the garments. A subtle Eighties inspiration reinterpreted in a modern guise and deprived of all rigidity. The oftentimes asymmetric hems with wrap over skirt effect for simple straight-line dresses contrast with soft mini dresses with maxi pull effect. Lace is an important detail decorating necklines and enhancing the back. The dresses find volumes in small frills around which wind python-effect metals. Part of the collection is dedicated to colder climates with comfortable color-print down jackets, small coats with soft rouches, sinuous dresses in heavy Milano stitch and short wrap-around dresses in warm modal jersey. The evening section consists of dresses almost completely embroidered with mermaid line or small mini dresses and corsets with embroidered fringes or wrap dresses with deep V necklines and long sleeves.
This collection is available at the Roberto Cavalli boutique at The Shops at Crystals.