As the first big awards ceremony since the spring/summer 2014 runway shows kicked off earlier this month, the Emmys offered one of the first opportunities to see the collections off the catwalks and showcased on the red carpet. We countdown our favorite looks from television's biggest night, from black tie looks we want to see renewed to the sultry yet classic atelier gowns we cannot live without.
Check out all of our favorite looks on our Pinterest page.
With London Fashion Week officially coming to a close, it’s time to reflect on our 6 favorite trends of the past week:
1. Feminine Florals – Bold graphic motifs gave floral prints an updated modern feel. Oversized florals were spotlighted in Paul Smith’s collection.
2. Peek-a-boo Designs – Sheer chiffon layers, masked skirts and glittering bodices hinting at what lies beneath
3. Opposites Attract – Tom ford offered skin-tight, sensual shapes crafted to empower women while Paul Smith went with a fresh, clean, crisp all white collection.
4. Shine On – Tom Ford’s curve-hugging mosaic designs presented a modern and flattering twist on the traditional blingy styles of past seasons.
5. A Classic Reinvented – A staple for almost every fashion season, Tom Ford reinvented the Bomber Jacket by emphasizing the shoulders and adding leather detailing.
6. Color, Color, Color – Paul Smith’s Spring collection came alive with opulent and vibrant colors paired with the classic tailored silhouettes that the brand is known best for.
For more of our favorite looks from London Fashion Week, make sure to visit our Pinterest page: http://www.pinterest.com/crystalslv/
Stella McCartney makes a splash at London Fashion Week as synchronized swimmers help unveil her new sportswear collection for Adidas!
Waking up bright and early in the middle of London Fashion Week to work out may not be at the top of everybody’s to-do list, but Stella McCartney’s Adidas presentation was so inventive and visually stimulating it would inspire even the sleepiest of fashionistas into jumping on a treadmill. With innovative active wear design advances such as oversized sleeves, swimwear with cutouts, and clever uses of sheer and lightweight materials, Stella McCartney wowed everyone!
As McCartney noted, the point of this showcase, and indeed the point of the collection itself, was to inspire women to get their sweat on. "We work with top athletes," the designer said, “and even they tell me they perform better when they feel like they look good. It's a confidence thing." One thing is for sure: Never before have women looked so good while working to make their bodies look good. http://www.style.com/fashionshows/review/S2014RTW-ADIDSTEL/
Tourbillon Flagship Boutique Now Open!
Tourbillon’s most impressive store to date is now open. This high-end multi-brand luxury watch and jewelry store is the largest within the Tourbillon global network. Showcasing collections from the most prestigious names in watch making – Breguet, Blancpain, Glashütte Original, Jaquet Droz, Omega and Swatch – this boutique delivers not only exceptional choice but also unrivaled expertise to its discerning clients.
The Tourbillon boutique is located on the second level of The Shops at Crystals near the entrance to ARIA.
After countless amounts of shows, hairspray bottles used, models cat-walking down the runway and 2 of our favorite New York designers’ shows, Donna Karan and Nanette Lepore, New York Fashion Week has come to an end. As we jump the Atlantic sea to London today, we're reflecting on what the Big Apple has served us these past 8 days!
On the catwalk, some trends emerged early:
Donna Karan returned to her urban roots for spring, delivering a beautiful collection featuring languid dresses slung with leather belts at the hips, softly constructed coats and jackets that slipped on like a robe, an inviting palette of sea blues and warm, sunbaked browns.
While Nanette Lepore drew inspiration flowing from Charles Baudelaire's Les Fleurs du mal, Nanette cites with neo-romanticism as her biggest inspiration for her Spring/Summer 2014 collection with deep reds, soft elegant blues and clean chic whites.
For all of our favorite looks from the runway, check out our Pinterest page: http://www.pinterest.com/crystalslv/
Photos credited to Style.com